Hair Transplantation Surgery for Men
Think about how you feel about your appearance. Would a thicker head of hair give you more confidence to accomplish what you wish to in life? If you are like many people, a fuller head of hair will drastically improve your self-esteem. Self-esteem is important. A feeling of self-confidence guides your behavior. A strong sense of self-esteem will affect everything that you do in life including business,and social scenarios.
A full head of hair is an important part of a confident and youthful appearance. Hair transplantation surgery can help restore self-esteem and confidence in your appearance and assist in the development into your true 'best self.' At Sound Plastic Surgery, we deliver this life-changing hair transplant procedure to our Seattle patients. A hair transplantation surgery can change your life.
For men (and women) with hair loss, the board-certified plastic surgeons at Sound Plastic Surgery can restore a youthful hairline and improve hair density for Seattle area patients using the latest follicular unit extraction NeoGraft hair transplantation technology.
Before and about nine months after 1500 single follicular unit hair grafts translanted to the top of the scalp
What is NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation?
Sound Plastic Surgery offers follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplantation surgery using the latest NeoGraft® technology. With NeoGraft technology, our board-certified plastic surgeons are able to remove single hair follicles from the back of the scalp in a minimally invasive way. Thousands of hair grafts can be harvested with no visible scarring. The tiny, individual hair follicle grafts are then placed into the scalp treatment zones with needle-sized incisions.
The traditional ‘strip’ graft harvesting procedure is old technology that leaves a scar from ear to ear, along the back of the head. A long piece of hair-bearing scalp skin is removed. This 'strip' scalp is then chopped into smaller pieces providing the hair grafts. Using the old 'strip' harvesting technique, the resulting scar can be long and visible. With NeoGraft hair transplantation, you can avoid the unsightly, long donor site scar on the back of the head that characterizes the old-fashioned 'strip' graft harvesting.
What is wrong with the old-fashioned 'strip' hair transplant procedure?
- Long scar from ear to ear
- Hair loss within the scar
- Prolonged numbness
- Scar often visible
- Slow recovery
- Activity restrictions
- Staples and sutures to be removed
- Old and outdated technology
At Sound Plastic Surgery, we think our patients deserve an effective and minimally invasive method for hair transplantation using the latest NeoGraft technology.
How is NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation surgery performed?
Hair transplantation surgery at Sound Plastic Surgery is performed in our surgical procedure room. The surgery is performed under local anesthesia. Our hair transplantation technique restores a youthful hairline using single, double and multiple follicular grafts, which are harvested with a minimally invasive approach. Our patients are able to listen to music or watch a movie on an iPad for the duration of the procedure. The procedure takes between three to eight hours, depending on the number of grafts that are placed. Our dedicated hair restoration team is capable of doing 'mega graft' sessions of over 3000 hair grafts in a day, achieving a one-stage hair restoration that maximizes your time and recovery. If a 'mega graft' session is performed, you will have time for a lunch break and other breaks as needed.
The follicular unit grafting technique that we use at Sound Plastic Surgery has been shown to result in the most viable grafts compared to other hair transplant techniques.
Recovery after hair transplant surgery is very brief. Most patients are able to return to work within a few days of the procedure. It takes several months for grafted hair follicles to begin growing hair consistently.
Why choose Sound Plastic Surgery for hair transplantation?
- We are board certified plastic surgeons
- We have years of artistic experience in cosmetic surgery
- We are trained in the most up-to-date hair transplantation techniques
- We use of the latest NeoGraft FUE technology
- We offer Botox, fillers, eyelid lifts, neck lifts, face lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction to further improve your appearance
- We include medical therapy to manage on-going hair loss
- Skin and hair products available in our clinic, designed just for men
- Testimonials and reviews from dozens of happy cosmetic surgery patients
- We are available to our patients 24 hours, 7 days a week
Why is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) a state-of-the-art hair transplantation technique?
With NeoGraft FUE, our plastic surgeons are able to take precise individual hair follicle grafts from the hair-bearing 'back' of the head, and move those thousands of individual hairs to thinning and balding regions of the scalp. The revolutionary NeoGraft technique eliminates the need for unsightly ear-to-ear scar that is the hallmark of an old-fashioned hair restoration technique, and makes harvesting of individual hair grafts much more efficient. Studies have shown that over 90% of FUE hair grafts should survive using NeoGraft. This survival rate is far higher than traditional follicular unit transfer techniques.
In our Seattle clinic, we use the NeoGraft FUE device to maximize the number of hair grafts we can place in a single session. The hair transplantation procedure is performed under local anesthetic in our private office while a patient is awake. At the end of the session, the patient returns home with simple after-care instructions to follow until the next visit.
Most of our patients take a few days off from work after the procedure. Post-operative discomfort associated with the procedure can typically be managed with over-the-counter pain medications. Hair is kept very short in preparation for the procedure and maintained short for a few weeks after the procedure. There are no activity or exercise restrictions after the procedure.
- NeoGraft FUE avoids the unsightly ear-to-ear scar on the back of the head
- FUE graft survival is very high compared to other techniques
- Neograft avoids the 'doll hair' look of traditional follicular unit transfer techniques
- FUE can be done in 'mega-sessions' of over 3000 grafts transferred per day
- No sutures or staples used
- Minimal down time after surgery
- Normal activity shortly after surgery
What are the Steps of the NeoGraft Procedure ?
1. You will meet with our board certified plastic surgeons to discuss goals for hair restoration
2. Medical photography of your scalp and analysis of your hair density
3. We design an appropriate hairline and scalp coverage to compliment the face
4. Preparation of the scalp with local anesthesia
5. Extraction of hair follicles using the NeoGraft device from the back of head (the donor site)
6. Placement of hair grafts into the hairline and scalp (recipient sites) according to design
7. Simple dressing placement and patient returns home
Our doctors extract single follicular hair grafts in a scarless fashion using Neograft technology
NeoGraft harvested single follicular unit hair grafts for transplantation
Some follicular units have 1,2,3 or even 4 individual hair shafts
Placement of several hundred single follicular unit grafts in our patient to strengthen the hairline and frontal density.
Immediately after hair graft placement. The head can be covered with a hat and the patient will return home.
Another one of our patients just six days after about 1500 single follicular unit Neograft grafts transplants into the scalp vertex.